Monday, May 1
Labour Day.Braised Chicken Rice.
Hey ppl ! I'm gona cook Briased Chicken Rice ltr, indeed labour day huh.Heh heh gona surprise my mum when she gets back frm work,should be no easy feat eh ? I just signed up for photobucket, cuz' shutterfly cannot host pictures, and i so badly wanted to post pictures of the braised chicken rice cooking process =S .
Talking abt posting pictures, i want to change my blog skin too ! Cuz' this skin is aligned to one side and the words hav to be tiny too or else it would overide into d side box, and i cant post big pics )): sad . I cant access to the blogskin site! I'm gona try changin the skin myself *smiles proudly . I always depend on other ppl, and i dont like it .
So here's the recipe, if ur interested :
Braised Chicken Rice
P.s .Its supposd to be like claypot chicen rice. But cooked in a rice pot .
Ingrediants:
- Chicken cut into 4cm pieces.
- 2 cups rice, washed.
- 3 cups water.
- 1 tbsp oil.
- 2cm ginger cut into thin strips.
- 2 cloves garlic,chopped.
- 10 chinese mushroom. soaked in water,stalks removed,caps cut into halfed and seasoned with pinch of salt and sugar.
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1 tbsp black soy sauce.
Marinade:
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp black soy sauce.
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce.1 tbsp oyster sauce.
- dash of sault, pepper and MSG .
Steps:
- Mix chicken with marinade. Meanwhile, put rice and water into rice cooker.cook.
- Heat oil in pan;stir fry ginger and garlic till fragrant.
- Add marinated chicken and mushroom; cook for 5 to 8 mins. If the mixture looks dry, add 1 tbsp water.Mix well, turn off fire.
- When rice boils,add salt and and black soysauce.Stir well.Cover and continue cooking.
- Once rice is cooked and water absorbed,spread chicken mixture on top.Cover with lid and turn off rice cooker.Stand for 15 mins.Fluff up rice, season with salt and pepper, if necessary.Serve hot!
There ! So easy .. heh heh heh, in case ur wondering, i CAN cook. And i love cooking. I'll log on ltr to update with the pics, meanwhile, keep on drooling !
Till the rice's cooked,
SANDY.**
