Monday, January 8
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO ?
I know. I shouldnt be blogging(i promised, not today AHH). It's a spur of the moment thing, and i cant rest until i post this entry. It got me thinking, when (almost)all the teachers started briefing us about the GCE O levels.
WHAT DO I WANT TO DO ?
And does it have anything to do with O levels ?
My real passion is definately in arts, i love drawing and designing. I feel a sense of acomplishment when i finish a piece of drawing. I doodle on my exams scripts, my tables are drawn on.
Of course, i have chosen not to take that path. Which i have no regrets as i can practice that as much as i like so long as it doesnt bother with my work.
But what other jobs can i do in future? A 9-5 job? EE, i think maybe for 3 days haha.
Being a dentist? Yuck, dig into people's mouth! Have you ever smelled how horribly smelly does the dentist bus at our school smells ?! (cuz of all the dirt and saliva and rotten meat dug out from US students' mouth, all added and swirled together) One big YUCK !
As i flipped through the pages of the list of courses we could take(NUS and YJC), i realise i have NO IDEA on what do i want to study.
Do i want to take up Bio-engineering course? Or do i take up Material science?
What the hell are they?! Like, what kind of jobs will they get me in future?
I dont know. Maybe i'll go check out.
I know some people like Edna and Felicia already have got a profession in mind.
But things dont always go what you want, right ?
Some people always plan everything beforehand, like i'm going to AJC after this then to NUS then i'll go to this place for interview then i'll get the job and get paid $10,000 per month.
But what if NUS doesn't accept you? What if the company you've been wanting to work at suddenly goes bankrupt?
GARHH.
I know O levels are important. I know they determine whether you, (a) sit in a big comfy chair a top the highest level on a breathtaking skyscraper, and chuckle as you know that as every minute pass, another $100 is yours, or do (b)you work at pepperlunch wiping trays gloomily as the 15-year-old-working-on-holiday people around you shout 'irashaimase!' gleefully as customers walk in and out.
I think i am just going to concentrate on doing well for the Os, THEN contemplating on what do i wanna do.
What Mrs Lee had told us today is right, so is the stuff Ms Ching told us.
But i am just not the study with a timetable kind of girl. I DONT do that. Like now, i am ditching my homework to blog. And i have taken far longer then what i have allowed myself to.
Ms Ching said to do ALL the ten years series. I have not yet touched the book, ok i have touched it, but i dont do 5 exams at a time. I have no tution, i dont study in 2 hours block, i dont do ten years series questions when i am bored, i dont even do my homework.
Normally, the day and night before exams, i just chiong/rush thru all my notes and force myself to remember them leaving a chapter or 2 unrevised(cuz i wanna sleep earlier). Then right before the exams, i read and memorise the chapter i have left out. The reason for this: i have this thinking that the later you revise it, the better your gona remember it as the memory is still fresh in your mind. I know, twisted theory. HAH. I also know that this is not gona work for o levels, although i have been using this method for all the major exams i have been through.
How do i survive and come out in one piece from the o levels?
I guess it's time for me to work hard, really work hard. No more staying online and ditching homework, no more drawing on my workbook and leaving the questions untouched. No more watching tv when i know i have got this chapter to revise.
It's time for me to turn on my engines.
SELF CONTROL. SELF CONTROL. SELF CONTROL.
I dont know whether i can do this.
But i dont want to cry on the day that i collect my results. No, i mean i dont want to cry tears of disappointment and sadness. I dont mind crying tears of happiness, NO i WANT to cry tears of happiness. HAHAHA.
Ok bye and really, GOOD LUCK to everyone of you too. Study hard and dont be a slack like me!
You know you can do it !
CHEERS.
[Till the powers on,
Sandy]
